Are You sure about heaven?
"If you should die right now, do you know for sure that you would go to Heaven?"
If your answer to this question is anything other than, "Yes, I am absolutely certain that my sins are forgiven and that Heaven will be my home," then here is an important message just for you. The Bible teaches that you need to know and believe four things to settle your eternity:
- First, you have sinned against God - Romans 3:23 says, "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God."
- Next, you must know where sin leads - Romans 6:23 says, "For the wages of sin is death but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ, our Lord."
- The wonderful news of the Bible is that Jesus died in your place to pay your sin penalty - Romans 5:8 says, "But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."
"Dear Lord, I know that I am a sinner and that Jesus died on the cross to pay for my sin. Please come into my heart and save me. In Jesus' name, amen."
God bless you! It's great to be a Christian! Rejoice in what God has done for you! Now that you have accepted God's gift, some wonderful things have happened:
- You're saved from an eternity in hell. - Romans 10:13 says, "For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved."
- You've received eternal life. - Romans 6:23 says, "For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."
- You're a child of God - John 1:12 says, "But as many as received Him, to them gave He power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on His name:"
- Your sins are forgiven - Acts 10:43 says, "To Him give all the prophets witness, that through His name whosoever believeth in Him shall receive remission of sins."
- Jesus has saved you - John 6:37 says, "All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out."
Some suggestions to help you grow in the christian life:
- Make a public profession of faith. Matthew 10:32 says, "Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven."
- Be baptized. Acts 2:41 says, "Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls."
- Read the Bible daily. Psalm 119:105 says, "Thy word is a lamp unto my fee, and a light unto my path."
- Pray every day. James 5:15b says, "The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much." Talk to Jesus about your struggles. He cares.
- Attend a Bible-believing church. Psalm 122:1 says, "I was glad when they said unto me, let us go into the house of the Lord."
- Share your experience with others. Mark 5:19b says, "Go home to thy friends, and tell them how great things the Lord hath done for thee, and hath had compassion on thee." Tell someone else what God did for you.
- Start giving to God's work. Luke 6:38a says, "Give, and it shall be given unto you;"
- When you sin, confess it to God. 1 John 1:9 says, "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." You will sin again...each day confess it...ask forgiveness...start fresh every new day.